Saturday, May 09, 2009

I just want to rant.... about caterer.com.my

This is a rant post. It might not do good to your mood. Posting it here so that anybody googling for a review for the mentioned company below can be warned ahead.


















Still reading? Ok here goes.


An Open Letter to Caterer.com.my

To whomever it may concern,
I writing to complain the poor service that your company and staff/manager are giving me. About two months back, I stumbled upon your company website while searching for a western caterer for my upcoming wedding in Seremban in the end of May. Both my fiance and I liked your website, and I emailed to your listed email to ask some questions. However nobody contacted and I decided to call after a few day. I spoke to Alan, and he sounded professional and attentive.

About a month ago. I booked for a wedding buffet dinner for 200 pax. The next day a lady called me up to confirm the details. She called me around 6pm, by then I am already on my way home and asked that I called later.

I called a few days afterward to confirm my order and only to find out that I need to pay the full amount ahead first. The total amount of my orders is about RM7000. That is fine with me, but however I asked if policy can be negotiated, as there is no guarantee on my side for the deal if I paid the full amount first. What if your company didn't come? Or they come a day late? Or an hour late?

The lady directed to me to speak to Alan,. I spoke to Alan, and explained my situation, and proposed your company and I meet halfway. I would pay 50% as the deposit, and on the day you arrive I will pay you the balance in cash or bank draft before you setup. Alan was attentive to my proposal, and he explained that it was the company policy to receive the full amount. However he would consider it and take a look at my order and he was without internet at the moment . He promised that he would call me the next day for an answer.

I waited 5 days and Alan, did not call. I call up Alan, and he forgotten about my request and promised to call me up the next day. I waited for another 3 days, and Alan, did not call me up also. I call him up again, and he forgotten about my request again, and promised to call me up the next day. I waited to the end of next day, and I called Alan, to prompt for an answer. He told me that he already submitted my request to the higher management, and he would call me up the next day.  He, of course he did not and that was 2 weeks ago, and since I have found a even better caterer and gave me an even lower price.

I am utterly disappointed with the service that was given to me. Alan, should have call me and gave me a definite answer, either a yes or a no. Your company or Alan, should not kept me in the dark even if my request is being denied. This is totally unprofessional. You got a great website, unfortunately with a lousy team of workers. By me an active customer and you a passive company, I felt like I am begging so that I can give you money in your pocket.

Therefore I would like to cancel my order of which I don't know what order number, because your website doesn't auto feedback and email at all back to me.

May you will improve and take heed from my unfortunate experience with your company.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi,
I'm looking for a caterer now and was reading your post with interest. Would you mind giving me the other caterer that you went for after the incident and if their food is any good?

Thanks!