Monday, May 30, 2011

Old and Forgotten

This is the first post of my Seremban Heritage Trail series. Read my disclaimer here first. Hehe.


I will start of with the oldest building in my memory when I was young. It was this abandoned plaza situated somewhere in Lobak area near OK Tuck foodcourt. I do not know what is the name of the plaza but usually we will refer this building as "Long Fong Lau', (english: Dragon Classic Delight Restaurant) the only surviving and active Chinese restaurant still operating there back then. We were regulars of the restaurant because many of our friends and relatives held their wedding dinner  there.


Used to be the most happening place in Seremban, but now abandoned to rot.

I have been told by my parents that this building used to be the most happening building in the late 70's and it's the first modern shopping mall at it's time. The 3-level mall was equipped with escalators, an invention that would wow Serembanians back then.

This is the restaurant used to operate there.
But the mall also located at the area we call 'black area', where chinese rival gangs and triads seeks to control the area back then. There were many gang fights over the 'authority' to collect protection money from the business owners of the shops, and with all these dangers many people began to shun this place.

The main entrance. Notice that a tree has made itself a home on the wall.
There used to be a family gym, some video game arcades, some salons...but begins to wind down it's business one by one. Some closed down for good and some just relocated. Once a while there are some tried to revive the mall with new business openings. I remembers one of those is a shop that sells kitchen utensils. I bought one of my first plastic bags from there because my mom asked me to buy some and I think it's cheap there. That outlet also doesn't survive more than 2 years I think.



Abandoned computer shop sign still visible today.
About 3 years ago, the only and longest surviving restaurant I mentioned earlier decided to relocate. Since then building has been abandoned completely.

An abandoned project next to the mall
Do you have your own memory of this building? If yes feel free to comment on this post. I would like to hear from you as well.


Update: This building is called Peninsula Plaza, built in the late 70's. The GPS coordinate of this place is N02° 44.371'  E101° 55.579'

8 comments:

ken81 said...

*thumbs up*

Anonymous said...

Any old stories about EMPORIUM mall.. (now a cake store & furniture shop and the 2nd floor)

Anonymous said...

I bought my first pair of jeans here in 1985 if I'm not mistaken. I was 10 yrs old.

Unknown said...

I used to play the coin operated kiddy ride cars when I was a small kif

Unknown said...

*kid

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm not from peninsular. I've came to Seremban today and saw the building. i've been curious about what happen to that building. The building looks like it has it own story. thanks to you, I know about it now. :)

ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...









i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346















































































































































































hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346