Friday, May 25, 2007

Short Trip to Mentakab, Pahang

Today I'm assigned to drive an Canadian pastor who just arrived in Malaysia on Wednesday morning to Mentakab Pahang for his one month speaking engagement here.

We started off our journey after breakfast about 10 a.m. going through the old East Coast road instead of the highway because it is nearer and you save on the toll. After bumping around, passing by smaller towns like Batu Kikir, Triang & Bera, we reached Mentakab about 1 p.m.

We took a toilet break at Bera town public toilet and guess what? It is locked. We have to do it behind the bushes.

Mentakab is a small town...slightly bigger than Kuala Pilah town. Well, at least they have KFC and McDonalds here. Apparently Jackie Chan stayed one of the hotels here for 3 weeks while he was shooting the movie "Who Am I'. Yeah, the Africa scene you see at the beginning at the movie? It was actually shot at Mentakab's wildlife reserve area. Jackie got us all fooled.

The Canadian pastor. I took a shot of him and he shoots me with his video camera.


Lame pictures of Mentakab town taken while I am in the car.

Mentakab Town

Street in Mentakab Town
This is Mentakab Chung Hwa School. It is much bigger than it looks in this photo.

After lunch I head back home. On the way I stopped by the Pahang River to shot these pictures. I remembered what the Canadian pastor asked me. Why is the river brown in colour??? I was like....."Errr....because all Malaysian rivers are polluted!"

Pahang River

Pahang River

Cages used by locals to breed Patin & Talapia fish and sold at the roadside.

Reached home at 6 p.m. , took a nap and still managed to get up for gym at 8 p.m.

3 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

wow you so healthy conscious these days?... go gym!!

Mentakab.. thanks for the photos. The last time I was there, it was pitch dark (at night) and in a stuff slow bumpy KTMB train chugging along at speeds that would embarass a cow.

If you can go further to Jerantut, that would be nice too!

Did you see the outline of the huge mountain Gunung Benom?

Unknown said...

i I'm going to Phuket end of June...so wanna tone up my flabby body a bit before I hit the beach :p I had a good pace to the gym for about 2 months already...

Gunung Benom? I don't know which mountain is that.

ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...









i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346















































































































































































hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346